At Study Group we rely on our systems in order to operate in a complex, fast paced and competitive global marketplace. This job, based at our Brighton office five minutes’ walk from the train station, plays a key role in this process.
In this job you’ll manage two of our core finance systems (Agresso and Callidus), supporting global finance users with system support, ledger updates, operational changes and continuous improvements related to finance systems.
You’ll use your exemplary organisational, staff management and customer service skills to help develop a first class function, ensuring issues raised by finance and other business users are resolved in a timely and friendly fashion.
Contract Type: Full time
Why should I want the job?
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the 2017 Pathway Company of the Year*. We believe in empowering the people who work for us – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! The role offers plenty of variety, and the chance to get involved in projects as well as doing the “day job”. And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city.
*Education Investor Awards 2017
What skills will I need for the job?
You’ll certainly be experienced in a systems administration role, and ideally have previously provided helpdesk support. It would be great if you have an understanding of core Finance processes, including controls and Chart of Accounts. Previous experience of Agresso and/or Callidus would obviously be useful, but it’s not essential by any means.
What will the job actually involve?
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
Maintaining the Financial Systems
- Configure and administer reporting within the systems
- Maintain Callidus and Agresso portal, end user accounts, workflows etc.
- Make recommendations for system or process improvements
- Act as a subject matter expert and super-user of the Callidus Commissions system and Agresso
- Partner with IT to update or resolve any transactional data issues / support finance in troubleshooting reconciliation issues
- Provide Callidus and Agresso support to other team members, managers, and end-users
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of system training documentation, job aids, etc.
Supporting Finance & Business Users
- Support the monthly/quarterly/annually process updates in the finance systems
- Promptly resolve the issues raised by finance and other business users
- Help finding and implementing long term solution in case of reoccurring issues
- Ensure SLAs are consistently met
- Assist in maintaining system integrity across financial systems and work with Financial Control to assist in monthly reconciliations between financial systems
Change Management & Projects
- Support the change management and maintenance process of the group’s key financial and management reporting systems
- Provide training for finance and business users
- Assist in continuous improvement and challenging of processes, by gathering business requirements from users, identifying issues/opportunities and supporting change
- Maintain system and process documentation and global data standard
- Provide assistance in delivery of projects that include changes to finance processes and systems
- Assist with the setup of new business partners and acquired businesses
- Provide excellent customer service to global finance systems users across finance and operations.
- Provide System user training/guidance as required
About Study Group
Study Group is one of the world’s largest international education and training organisations. Every year over 77,000 students from more than 170 countries choose to study with Study Group. We invest in international students’ futures and enhance their prospects by focusing on the way they learn as well as the qualifications they achieve.
Our ethos is best summed up by the phrase "Students First". The success and well-being of our students is at the heart of everything we do, and it's what drives us to excel.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.