Closing date for applications: 22 September 2017
Job Description and Scope
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Finance and Operations.
- Providing financial advice to all students and carrying out financial and administrative tasks for the college.
- Routine administrative tasks
- No budgetary or staff responsibilities
- Key contacts: students, parents of students, agents, by e-mail, face to face and telephone.
Location: Brighton, UK
Role: Full-time, Permanent
- Deliver a friendly, efficient and professional customer service to students, agents and parents.
- Carry out routine financial tasks, complete spreadsheets and maintain up to date financial information.
- Assist Head of Finance and Operations with fee collection and credit control; contact students and parents so that outstanding debt can be collected; maintain up to datespreadsheets to reflect income and level of debt.
- Take payments from students; print statements, check deposit request forms at end of term and action payment.
- Prepare and send out enrolment letters, invoices, instalment reminders and statements to students, parents and agents.
- Keep Study Global financial system up to date; make changes to reflect bookings, payments, in- centre book sales, exam payments, credit deposits and arrange / record refunds by cash or cheque.
- Answer general financial queries from students, parents or agents. Assist Head of Finance and Operations with financial and general admin projects as required.
- Liaise with academic programme /IAC staff, dealing with course /accommodation changes; Assisting Post-arrival admissions, arrange centre transfers between other Studygroup centres and Brighton.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties required by senior management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Work experience or qualification in the fields of Customer services; Finance; Education
A-Level English & Mathematics
- Certified at enhanced DBS level (check undertaken prior to employment)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication oral, written, numerical, articulation and communication skills
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office Suite( e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to a demanding schedule and delivery deadlines.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please send a completed application form to Ellen Watts, Head of Finance and Operations.
Application deadline 22 September 2017