Fashion Studies Tutor and Unit Leader
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 September 2017 at 5pm
The International Study Centre at Istituto Marangoni is seeking a fashion industry tutor and unit leader to teach Fashion Ethics, Fashion trend forecasting and a careers-based professional development portfolio.
Position: Part-time fixed term contact
Location: IMISC London Campus, London, England
- To contribute to teaching in the relevant subject areas
- To ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms
- To prepare detailed schemes of work in advance for all groups
- To deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set homework and mark and return these within agreed deadlines
- To maintain up to date records of student attendance, homework marks and test scores.
- To make every effort to secure the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments
- To contribute to the Quality Assurance standards of the programme in relation to the course materials and the teaching and learning experience
- To assist in the preparation of assessment materials
- To attend staff meetings, Assessment Boards and training days as required.
- To keep up the date with developments in Academic teaching and skills, including the use of elearning resources.
- To maintain an appropriate dress code and keep teaching room(s) tidy.
- To work in a collegial fashion and foster productive relations with other members of staff
- To be responsible for creating and updating teaching materials to the VLE site
- To inform the Programme Leader of resource requirements relating to the teaching within IMISC
- To carry out other duties as required by the Head of Centre
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students for who you are responsible and with whom you come into contact
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Proactive and flexible
Qualifications, Training & Experience Required
- Teaching to A Level/FE/Access
- Teaching in Higher Education
- Teaching qualification desirable but not essential
Knowledge and Skills
- Further and higher education course structures
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with Study Group Code of Conduct as well as any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Please send your completed application form to Zarida Zaman, Head of Centre, The International Study Centre at Istituto Marangoni
Application deadline: 5pm Friday 8 September 2017