Expenses and Accounts Receivable Assistant
Deadline for applications: N/A
We’re looking for a high calibre individual to work as an Expenses/Accounts Receivable Assistant. The role sits within our Finance Shared Service Centre at our offices in central Brighton, a stone’s throw from the train station.
In this job you'll be responsible for for the accurate and timely processing of employee corporate Credit Card Expenses for UK, Europe, Singapore, North America & Regional Offices. You'll also cover the Accounts Receivable function when necessary for UK, Europe and North America, at all times providing excellent customer service and support to our students and agents.
It’s an opportunity to work in finance for Study Group, the 2017 and 2018 Pathway Company of the Year*. We’re a complex, ever-evolving business, and we believe in empowering the people who work for us – so if you have ideas, we want to hear them! If you’re an ambitious person, our finance function is an excellent place to progress your career – many of our senior staff started in similar roles. And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city.
*Education Investor Awards 2017/2018
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Staff Credit Card Expenses (90%)
- Distribution of monthly staff credit card statements and expense templates
- Ensure employee Expenses are authorised in-line with policy
- Monitor company card usage; ensure the Study Group Global Credit Card Policy is adhered to
- Challenge/query individual transactions that are not covered by the Travel & Expenses Policy
- Accurate and timely processing of Credit Card Expenses onto Agresso; high volume 300+ employees
- Multi-currency Expenses covering UK, Europe, Singapore, North America and Regional Office
- Ensure correct treatment of staff benefits and VAT
- Investigate unidentified credit card transactions, escalating fraudulent activity to senior management
- Monitor pending claims; escalate late submission as appropriate
- Monitor Expenses inbox, ensure response times/SLAs are met
- Month-end Credit Card statement to General Ledger Control Account Reconciliations
Accounts Receivable (10%):
- Allocation of all incoming receipts
- Investigate and resolve unallocated cash
- Dealing with and investigating receipting queries
- Ensure day to day queries are dealt with in a timely and effective manner, ensure pending issues are followed up at all times
- Act as point of contact with payment providers
- Creation and distribution of customer invoices across the business
- Update customer records to include transferring funds between student bookings, voiding and reallocating receipts as required
- Mailbox management - track and clear agent queries in a timely manner
- AAT Qualified or studier (Desirable)
- Previous experience of working with expense claims (Desirable)
- Knowledge & a good understanding of the Accounts function (Desirable)
- Good MS package knowledge and proficient in MS Excel (Essential)
- Customer facing skills – dealing with worldwide card users in a professional & efficient manner (Essential)
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy (Essential)
- Pro-active with high levels of drive, energy & integrity (Essential)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines (Essential)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (Essential)
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
HOW TO APPLY
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.