Environmental Science Tutor
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: Variable Hour contract (5 hour per week - Plus material development)
Salary: £30.95 teaching rate
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
This is a fantastic job opportunity where you'll join our brand new University of Aberdeen International Study Centre as a Environmental Science Tutor. Teaching small classes of maximum 15 international students, you'll have the opportunity to work in an autonomous environment where a communicative style of teaching in student-centred, innovative, lessons is encouraged.
We are currently seeking sessional tutors in Physics who will work to develop and deliver highly effective teaching of modules at Foundation (University Foundation Programmes) level and Pre-master's level within the Environmental Science Programme, working closely with the Interim Head of Curriculum, Quality and Progression and a small team of fellow academic tutors
Reporting to the Interim Head of Curriculum, Quality and Progression, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and creating module content (both classroom and for on-line) for the Environmental Science Programme.
- Encouraging students to participate in a wide range of self-study activities via the Centre's virtual learning environment (VLE), to develop independent learning.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Contributing to the preparation of module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment; marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
Experience and qualifications
- Student-centred tutor, with experience teaching different areas of Environmental Science within and FE and/or HE environment.
- A minimum of a Masters is required in a relevant subject.
- Previous experience using a VLE (we currently use Blackboard Ultra)
- Experience in writing assessment (our assessments include exams and continuous assessment online)
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.