Role: English Tutor
Position Type: 0.4 FTE
Salary: £32,000 pro rata
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and forward thinking Tutor to join our vibrant Study Centre in Leeds. The right candidate will have natural ability to motivate and teach students and carry out relevant pastoral functions, as well as working co-operatively and flexibly with other colleagues. We are looking for patient and committed Tutor that loves what they do, and is truly committed in providing an interesting and effective learning experience to our students.
- Schedule, prepare and deliver AES classes according to the module syllabus and description provided and as agreed with the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
- Keep accurate records of classes delivered and materials used
- Work to ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms, keep accurate records of these and report issues of student absence and persistent lateness swiftly to the Professional Services Coordinator.
- Adhere to ISC guidelines in relation to student discipline and the encouragement of good study habits.
- Set, collect, mark and return homework and assessed course work within set timeframes
- Maintain up to date records of student homework marks and test scores, and maintain the student progress files for students in your classes.
- Inspire the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments, provide them with the tools to achieve this and give comprehensive and constructive feedback to students on course and class work.
- Contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students, as well as those progress reports occasionally required by student sponsors
- Contribute to the bank of materials created to support delivery of the EAP programmes, and maintain the order and condition of existing materials.
- Assist with exams, assessments, placement tests and the distribution of module evaluation questionnaires as required by the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
- Report to the Head of Curriculum and Progression any problems encountered in carrying out the above responsibilities.
- Work within the AES team to actively encourage the effective delivery of all of the above in part-time hourly paid and temporary staff
Qualifications and Training
- Postgraduate Degree (Desirable)
- Recognised EFL Teaching qualification
- Relevant teaching to Academic English/preparation for study
- Relevant teaching in a Higher Education setting (Desirable)
- Experience of teaching a variety of International Students
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder. External applicants will also require an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in applying, please get in touch with Alex Adams,Project Recruitment Consultant, for more information.
We have an excellent referral scheme in place, so if you know anyone that may be interested in the position, then please forward over their CV as well as their email and telephone contact details. You will then be contacted when a result of the application has been reached.