Closing date for applications:15 December 2017
To deliver highly effective modules at Foundation (Pre Undergraduate) level within a specific subject area in the centre.
Location: Istituto Marangoni International Study Centre
Role: Full time, permanent
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of English modules and teaching sessions offered by Istituto Marangoni ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load as per the timetable
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students' formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre's Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme
- Fully use centre systems to log and monitor student attendance
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Take up opportunities to become (for example) a Champion in ELearning; VLE development; Peer Observation activities.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of English
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Joe Gowdridge.
Application deadline 15 December 2017