Closing date for applications: 14 November 2017
Based on the University campus in Guildford, Surrey International Study Centre (SISC) offers foundation courses and prepares international students for entry onto the first year of their chosen undergraduate course at the University of Surrey.
The Study Centre is seeking to appoint a dynamic and engaging teacher to join their high performing team. The individual will have the opportunity to teach at Foundation level and to contribute to the on-going development of the English pathway. Candidates should be keen to develop their skills and collaborate with others.
The position will be offered on a permanent variable hours contract basis. Suitable candidates must hold a Delta (or equivalent) and/or be level 7 qualified. Teaching experience is essential. Additional experience of working in embedded colleges, international schools or the FE sector would be an advantage.
Job purpose: to deliver highly effective modules at Foundation (Pre-Undergraduate) level within a specific subject area in the centre.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of English modules and teaching sessions offered by Surrey ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load as per the timetable
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre’s Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme
- Fully use centre systems to log and monitor student attendance
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Take up opportunities to become (for example) a Champion in ELearning; VLE development; Peer Observation activities.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of English
Qualifications and Training
- DELTA qualified and/or be level 7 qualified.
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a a completed application form to SISCjobs@studygroup.com.
Application deadline 14 November 2017