Closing date for applications: 12 December 2017
An exciting opportunity has opened for a highly qualified, motivated, creative ad highly experienced English Tutor to join our Marangoni Study Centre. The right candidate will join the centre and deliver highly effective modules at Foundation (Pre Undergraduate) level within a specific subject area in the centre. This is a key role within the centre and offers excellent progression and development opportunities.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our Istituo Marangoni Study Centre is based in the heart of London, and is experience and exciting period of growth. The offices are truly stunning based in a unique building that has so much character, and the team are all friendly and professional, with a student first mentality.
Salary: £36,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: January
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of English modules and teaching sessions offered by Istituto Marangoni ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load as per the timetable
- Prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre’s Operations team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of the programme
- Fully use centre systems to log and monitor student attendance
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Take up opportunities to become (for example) a Champion in ELearning; VLE development; Peer Observation activities.
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of English
Qualifications and Training
- DELTA qualified and/or be level 7 qualified.
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 12 December 2017