English and AES Coordinator
Closing date for applications:13 October 2017
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and forward thinking Tutor to join our vibrant Study Centre in Leeds. The right candidate will have natural ability to motivate and teach students and carry out relevant pastoral functions, as well as working co-operatively and flexibly with other colleagues. We are looking for patient and committed Tutor that loves what they do, and is truly committed in providing an interesting and effective learning experience to our students.
Location: Leeds, UK
- Schedule, prepare and deliver AES classes according to the module syllabus and description provided and as agreed with the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
- Keep accurate records of classes delivered and materials used
- Work to ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms, keep accurate records of these and report issues of student absence and persistent lateness swiftly to the Professional Services Coordinator.
- Adhere to ISC guidelines in relation to student discipline and the encouragement of good study habits.
- Set, collect, mark and return homework and assessed course work within set timeframes
- Maintain up to date records of student homework marks and test scores, and maintain the student progress files for students in your classes.
- Inspire the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments, provide them with the tools to achieve this and give comprehensive and constructive feedback to students on course and class work.
- Contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students, as well as those progress reports occasionally required by student sponsors
- Contribute to the bank of materials created to support delivery of the EAP programmes, and maintain the order and condition of existing materials.
- Assist with exams, assessments, placement tests and the distribution of module evaluation questionnaires as required by the Head of Curriculum and Progression.
- Report to the Head of Curriculum and Progression any problems encountered in carrying out the above responsibilities.
- Work within the AES team to actively encourage the effective delivery of all of the above in part-time hourly paid and temporary staff
Qualifications and Training
- Postgraduate Degree (Desirable)
- Recognised EFL Teaching qualification
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please send completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 13 October 2017