Email Marketing Assistant
Closing date for applications: 09 March 2017
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and creative Email Marketing Assistant to join our international Digital Marketing team based in Brighton, UK. You will support the execution and optimisation of the B2C global email marketing strategy.
You'll join our dynamic team, leading Study Group’s consumer-facing digital activity. You will have the opportunity to work alongside authorities in paid media, SEO, social media, UX, mobile, and analytics to support direct student enrolments. You will also collaborate with our in-house Creative Services team and Marketing team.
The Email Marketing Assistant will support the business objective to bring highly qualified students to our global Higher Education brands.
You will be involved in building and optimising student-facing emails and templates in HTML and plain text, adhering to best practice, and supporting the Email Marketing Specialist in rolling out the roadmap for global email communications to support key stages of the student journey. You will work with Creative Services to build student-facing email templates in our email marketing platform in HTML and plain text, handling brand identities and changes to templates as needed.
You will need to deliver high-quality of work on tight deadlines, handle ad hoc requests, and communicate with other teams effectively, working with the wider global marketing teams to produce integrated activity.
You will be expected to report on email performance on a month by month and/or by campaign basis, providing actionable insights to improve ongoing performance, benchmarking performance against internal and external data.
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- Ability to think creatively
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of HTML and CSS
- Demonstrable experience using content management systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solver with a can-do, dynamic approach to challenges and change
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop new skills, and using them in developing high quality email activity that enhances the student journey
- Strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well being an active and effective member of a team
- High attention to detail and delivery of quality outputs
- Professional maturity, energy and enthusiasm
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude
What we'll give you in return
Experience working alongside a global team of digital marketing professionals
- A creative and vibrant working environment
- Continued professional development with opportunities to advance your expertise
- Competitive salary
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send Covering letter and completed application form to Kate Standing, Head of Engagement.
Application deadline 12 noon Thursday 9th March.