Economics and Business Tutor
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2017
We are currently seeking Economics and Business sessional tutors who will deliver highly effective teaching of modules at Foundation (Pre Undergraduate) or Pre-Masters level, within the Business, Law & Social Science Programme, working closely with the Head of Programmes and other Subject Leaders.
- Delivering modules to international students
- Encouraging students to participate in a wide range of self-study activities via the College virtual learning environment (VLE), to develop independent learning
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Contributing to the preparation of module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment; marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching staff.
Qualifications and Training
- For the foundation Economics and Business: A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area and preferably a minimum of a Master’s degree
- For the Pre-Masters Economics and Business: A Master’s degree in a related subject area. A PhD in a related subject area will be desirable
- A Teaching qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- Teaching experience in any of the relevant subject areas within post-16 education, a UK pathway college or higher education
- Experience of working with international students with knowledge of their particular needs is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
Fluent spoken and written English with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to deliver differentiated teaching in an effective and enthusiastic manner
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
- Strong organisational and record-keeping skills with attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines, and occasionally extended hours
- Strong sense of teamwork
- A student-centred approach.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send a covering letter and completed application form to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Friday 24th February.