Would you love the opportunity to work within a global network of EAP Tutors, empowering over 60,000 student search year?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what our University of Sussex International Student Centre set out to achieve every day. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love adaptable people that thrive in this environment. An exciting opportunity has opened for an EAP Tutor at our University of Sussex International Study Centre. We are looking for an EAP Tutor to join the Academic English Team on a variable hour contract in a truly unrivalled learning environment. With the opportunity to work with students from 150 different countries, in partnership with a highly credible university, this opportunity is not one to be missed. See below what makes a career at Study Group so unique:
- An FE environment that isn’t completely restricted by processes.
- No evening or weekend classes.
- Holiday that can be taken during term-time.
- A global network that works with a number of top tier University partners.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- Rare classroom environment.
Salary: £28.33 per hour
Contract Type: Variable Hours
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will deliver highly effective modules across either our International Foundation (Level 3), International Year One (Level 4) or Pre-Masters (Level 6) programme.
- You’ll contribute to the development of the relevant modules and teaching sessions.
- You will prepare and deliver innovative and creative teaching sessions up to 25 hours contact time per week, to a class size of on average around 15 students.
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop module material for the Virtual Learning Environment.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
- If you like training then we can offer this with regular training and development opportunities.
What experience do you need?
You will be a student centred educator, with a passion for international education. We love Tutors that have an interesting and engaging approach to teaching, with a catalogue of creative ideas that will captivate our students. See below some key experience that will be of interest:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- CELTA, DELTA, or a relevant Master’s degree.
- Experience working an a Further Education or a Higher Education environment working with international students.
- At least 2+ years’ experience teaching Academic English.
The University of Sussex International Study Centre is a campus that offers a unique combination of tranquillity and energy. The centre is surrounded by a breath-taking national park, yet at the same time we are a short train or bus journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, so you'll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
This is a rolling recruitment process so please apply ASAP.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.