Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £29,244.53 per annum
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
We are looking for an experienced EAP Tutor to join our Leeds International Study Centre. In this job, you’ll have the opportunity to deliver our unique EAP module provision, working from our high-end facilities and with modern learning technology. As a Tutor, you’ll teach groups across our International Foundation Year (Level 3) and our International Year One (Level 4) programmes. You’ll have the opportunity to work with students from across the world, and we’ll ensure that you have the guidance, support, and professional development required.
Our EAP class sizes are on average between 10-15 students, giving Tutors the opportunity to be innovative whilst providing an engaging EAP teaching that provides a world-class learning experience. In this job, you’ll teach up to a maximum of 25 hours per week, whilst having the chance of contributing to the development of materials and formative assessment. If you are a student centred Tutor looking for a unique and autonomous learning environment, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
- You will deliver high-quality teaching of EAP modules to groups of international students on our International Foundation (Level 3) and International Year One (Level 4) programmes
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
- To monitor and offer ongoing academic support to designated groups of students.
- A minimum of a CELTA qualification
- A DELTA would be hugely advantageous with a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered
- Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.