Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £28.95 per hour
Contract type: Variable Hours
A fantastic opportunity has opened at our Royal Holloway International Study Centre for an experienced EAP Tutor to join on a variable hour contract. With a student-centred approach, you will deliver around 12 hours per week of engaging Academic English lessons to our small classes of International Students (average 10-15), helping them prepare for their journey into Higher Education. The centre provides an International Foundation Year Programme (Level 3) as well as a number of English Language Preparation courses, for students from all over the world. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our subject Tutors to ensure a world-class student experience is delivered. Our curriculum is unique, and you will be given the autonomy that you need with your delivery, as well as the support, training, and development opportunities to help you progress.
Royal Holloway is located in Egham, Surrey, and is a quiet student-friendly town. Although the campus is only 40 minutes from central London by train, the surroundings are a world away from the busy capital. Situated in 135 acres, and close to Runnymede National Trust Park, the College provides excellent facilities. The office has an excellent vibe, full of fun and friendly people, all passionate about the centre and international education.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student-centred Tutor, with experience teaching English for Academic Purposes
- A DELTA/MA TESOL or equivalent is highly desirable, however, a CELTA with experience would also be considered
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable, ideally in a Higher Education environment
- You’ll be proficient in the use of learning technologies
- A student-centred, innovative and creative teaching practice.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.