Deadline for applications: N/A
A fantastic opportunity has opened at our Lancaster University International Study Centre for an experienced EAP Tutor to join the team on a fixed term running until the end of September. Based on the campus of the University, the Centre prepares international students for entry onto their chosen courses at Lancaster University. At present, the centre delivers an array of unique programmes including the pre-foundation English Language preparation courses, International Foundation Year Programme (Level 3) and Pre-masters Preparation Programme (Level 6) to learners planning to study at Lancaster University. In addition, the English team deliver Pre-sessional courses and in-sessional support.
The centre is seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational teacher to join their high performing team. You will have the opportunity to teach on our one or more English programmes, preparing international students for entry to UG and PG study at Lancaster University. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the course on which they teach.
Your main duties will be: to develop materials and deliver student-centred lessons incorporating opportunities for developing independent learning skills; to provide learner support; to evaluate learning through a range of assessment methods and to keep up to date records as required by the centre. Teaching will be 20 contact hours per week spread across 5 days.
In return, you’ll be part of a friendly, supportive and successful team, working with motivated students in a beautiful corner of the country.
Salary: £26.23 per hour
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (End date 30/09/2019)
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student centred Tutor, with experience teaching English for Academic Purposes.
- A DELTA/MA TESOL or equivalent is highly desirable, however, a CELTA with experience would also be considered.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable, ideally in a Higher Education environment.
- You’ll be proficient in the use of learning technologies.
- A student centred, innovative, and creative teaching practice.
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 60,000 students from 150 countries in 2017. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.