Deputy Director of Safeguarding
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £45,000 per annum
At Study Group, the safety and wellbeing of our students is at the heart of everything we do, and our Safeguarding team is absolutely essential to this. As a business, across our UK and EU operations we are responsible for approximately 7000-8000 students across 20 centres and this newly created role will be vital in supporting the Director of Safeguarding.
This role will support safeguarding incident management, quality improvement projects and compliance audits in line with the appropriate legislative requirements. The right candidate will have current qualifications and knowledge of the subject area and ideally have worked in an education establishment.
The Deputy Safeguarding Director can be based at any of our centres across the UK, but you must be available and open to regular travel and overnight stays to our centres and colleges.
If you are interested in applying for this role then we will require a cover letter detailing your knowledge of safeguarding legislation and experience of managing safeguarding incidents.
- Supporting staff at the local level as and when significant safeguarding concerns are raised (including travelling to the centre if appropriate);Provision of advice and assistance to ensure that allocated Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are suitably trained and supported;
- Liaising with the Director of Safeguarding to make complex safeguarding decisions as a result of significant safeguarding incidents;
- Evaluating and interpreting key legislative changes, reporting to the Director of Safeguarding and insuring that changes are embedded in centre;
- Maintain a portfolio of centres and act as the primary escalation point for safeguarding concerns as they arise;
- Assist the Director of Safeguarding to undertake audits of SRC’s and report the findings as appropriate;
- Assist the Director of Safeguarding to undertake technical reviews of welfare based policies and procedures against current legislation and make recommendations for change/amendment
- Writing and disseminating safeguarding reports as required
- Reporting compliance risks and audit results to the Director of Safeguarding and on occasion the BESL board.
- Assisting the Director of Safeguarding to collect and analyse Annual Safeguarding Reviews, reporting on key trends
- Assisting the Director of Safeguarding in the design and delivery of centre/brand specific safeguarding awareness training in line with current legislation and inspection requirements.
- Experience of managing safeguarding incidents
- Experience of operating as a Designated Safeguarding Lead or a Child Protection professional
- Experience of delivering safeguarding training
- Experience of inspection (Ofsted or ISI or other)
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, subsidised canteen and much more
- Flexibility for remote workingAbout Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.