Deputy Centre Director (Academic and Curriculum)
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Due to exciting growth and developments, we are excited to be recruiting for an experienced academic leader to join our Durham University International Study Centre. In this highly operational job role, you will join as a key member of the centre’s senior management team, playing a key role in Academic and centre operations.
In this exciting job opportunity, you till provide academic and operational leadership to the team responsible for designing and delivering the Durham University International Study Centre’s portfolio of programmes and courses for students ensuring best possible outcomes for all students. You will also lead the relationship with the partner university in respect of academic management.
You will have the leadership of, accountability for and direct line management responsibility for the Heads of Subject and Head of English. Consequently, you will demonstrate recent successful line management experience in an academic/educational context in a relevant subject discipline and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments. You’ll have a background in teaching and academic management in Business or Social Sciences and/or Engineering or Science and is experienced.
Experience and qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate qualification (Masters or above)
- Leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment, with evidence of significant success
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education
- Experience of successfully leading on internal communication, which includes disseminating complex messages or changes to operations
- Experience of planning and running complex education courses and programmes
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector
- Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes
- Understanding of UKVI rules and guidance
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.