Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
We are Study Group, a pathway provider college which offers international students the chance to study programmes that are specially designed, university-recognized courses. Our courses help international students to gain the academic, English language and learning standards that they need to succeed, giving them the best possible start to the UK or European education. We strive to create a better world through education and value student-centred Tutors that share the same passion.
Due to some very exciting growth, The University of Sheffield International College is seeking to appoint an experienced, well-organised administrator to coordinate and provide administrative support for the College's key curriculum processes.
As the largest pathway college within the UK & Europe, with over 1,500 students enrolled annually, you'll be joining a large collaborative team that is passionate about teaching and learning. Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. The pressure can be high during peak periods, and you'll need to be resilient, and adaptable to succeed in this dynamic working environment. However, you'll be given support from an initial induction, regular team meetings, and a personal development plan.
- You will work closely with the Student Experience Team and will support the work of the Assistant Directors for Curriculum and Progression. Duties include servicing the
- College's curriculum meetings, committees and examination boards and providing vital administrative support for key curriculum-related processes, as well as the Student Disciplinary process.
- Supporting the design and development of any new curriculum, including maintaining the project plan, proof-reading key documentation, providing administrative and clerical support for meetings and liaising with colleagues across the Curriculum Team, as well as key stakeholders in the University and wider Study Group network.
- Providing administrative support (including diary management) to the Assistant Directors of Curriculum and Progression (ADCP), creating and maintaining resources (electronic and printed) to assist in the planning and delivery of strategic and operational objectives (e.g. calendar of activities; staff timetable information; organisational charts; action trackers).
- Providing administrative support for meetings, curriculum committees and external visitors, including arranging meetings, agenda management, note-taking, preparing meeting papers and arranging hospitality.
Experience and qualifications
Previous experience working in a fast-paced administrative position, managing a variety of administrative tasks.
Previous experience working within an education environment.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, written and verbal, internal and external
Excellent IT and data management skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
- Competitive salaries
- A 25-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
- A large global network that offers fantastic career opportunities.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.