Credit Risk Data Analyst
Deadline for applications: N/A
In this job, based at our lively, friendly office in central Brighton (five minutes from the train station), you'll use your first class analytical and Excel skills to ensure effective monitoring of credit exposures of our global debtors, effective cash collections, minimal bad debts and losses, improved cash flow and mitigation of business risks.
A key aspect of the job will be to develop reports to allow effective and accurate analysis of debtors. You'll also develop and implement a model to enhance reporting on compliance issues.
Ideally, you'll have some experience in a similar job already. However, if you're looking for your first role, and have advanced Excel and/or Access skills (perhaps gained through studies), we'd still love to hear from you.
As a Study Group employee, you’ll qualify for a range of benefits including local and national employee discounts for a range of retailers and suppliers, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, company pension, employee referral (worth £500), assistance & recognition schemes. And you’ll be working in the thriving heart of a great city.
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
- Support the Credit Control team and other business functions as required with regular reports and ad hoc analysis on global and cross brand debtors position
- Support the development, automation and optimisation of reports through MS Excel, MS Access, MS SQL Server, VBA, Windows Scheduler, and/or other similar software
- Run and automate reporting including sanction and AML policy compliance reporting in relation to incoming and outgoing payments
- Liaise as necessary with Business stakeholders in order to understand reporting requirements as well as promote analytical project success
- Document projects and processes to ensure project and development continuity
- Monitoring and controlling all credit exposures across the region, whether Student, Agent, Vendor/Supplier, Staff or University
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Advanced skills in MS Excel (essential)
And it's ideal but by no means essential if you have:
- Database knowledge in MS Access and MS SQL Server
- Scripting and programming experience in VBA or similar
- Keen interest in data, business workings, process and analytics
- Data visualisation skills/ experience
- Experience in financial data analysis and reporting
- Experience across credit & collections management, shared services or transaction processing
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.