Coordinator (Internal Retention) - Customer Service/Admin/Sales
Deadline for applications: 11 April 2018
Would you like the opportunity to work with students from all over the world? Do you have the ability to deal with key stakeholders across the UK? Are you someone that is target driven and enjoys a challenge? If you are all the above then this is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation, in a brand new role within the business, meaning great potential, opportunity, excitement and more.
Fixed term contract ending on 30 September 2018
Who is this role for and where does it fit in?
Study Group has a number of different partnerships with University’s all across the UK. Working from our Sheffield Study Centre, the purpose of this role is to deliver advice and guidance to students in the Study Centre network who are not able to progress to their first choice university. Key to delivering this will be to work closely with colleagues at different centres, Admissions, Direct sales and Universities to secure offers for students. The post-holder will also liaise closely with a range of universities to gather intelligence on their admissions procedures. This is new role and therefore the preferred candidate needs to be comfortable working in an environment where processes are being developed and are happy to be a significant contributor to the building of a new service.
- Assessing student needs, skills and achievements via individual face to face or remote interviews; review options and realistic planning for action (including advocacy where necessary)
- Achieving progression targets.
- Providing appropriate information, advice and guidance.
- Understanding and being able to explain the complex visa requirements
- Liaising with ISCs, Sales and Universities. re students deemed to be at risk of not progressing
- Promoting and marketing services by organising events, drop-ins and any other relevant activity throughout the academic year as part of the group’s internal retention and ‘safety net’ strategy.
- Providing training and guidance to staff as and when required liaise with tutors and tutorial coordinators and Professional Services staff to ensure effective guidance is offered to all at risk students
- Writing reports, action plans and reports
- Using specialist computer applications
- Producing and reviewing data
What experience do you need?
Experience working in education is not essential for this role; however an understanding of the University application process would be beneficial! We are looking for someone that has:
- Excellent customer service skills, confidence and excellent communications skills.
- Ability to structure your work in order to support student progression, and generate new ideas which will improve performance.
- Good time management with an ability to prioritise a heavy workload.
- An ability to organise events, activities and projects.
- Excellent IT and data management skills including: competency in Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word, and a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
- Ability to produce and analyse data for reporting, to aid decision making or to support a case for change.
- Someone that can follow agreed policies and procedures, as well as have diligent record keeping.
- A problem solving expert
Where is the role based?
The role will be based at The University of Sheffield International College.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Someone will be in contact with you to confirm receipt of your application and your details will be added to a shortlist to be considered. If you are successful then we would invite you to a screening call which will then lead to a face to face interview.
Application deadline 11 April 2018