Continuous Improvement Specialist
Deadline for applications: N/A
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and one of the core pillars of our strategic vision is continuous improvement, ensuring we work smarter in all we do and that everything is done for a reason.
To this end, we're current hiring for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join us on an interim basis. This is a leadership job where you'll be apply your Continuous Improvement skills and knowledge to lead, manage and mentor teams in developing and managing continuous improvement action plans by identifying and removing non-value added activities from business processes.
Please note this job will involve regular travel to our UK International Study Centres. To this end, it would be beneficial (though not essential) if you are based relatively near to one of our larger centres (Sussex, Surrey, Lancaster, Sheffield, or Durham.)
Contract type: Full time, permanent
In this job you'll:
- Work across all functions, gain an understanding of integration opportunities across the business
- Develop and implement Continuous Improvement processes, based on individual analysis of specific needs
- Measure and document progress towards meeting objectives related to lean processes and programs
- Provide project management for the Continuous Improvement activities
- Provide technical guidance and training or (where required) directly investigate, implement and report on business issues
For this job you'll need:
- The ability to listen to, and actively solicit, the opinions of others, to accept developmental feedback openly and non-defensively, and provide feedback to others in a respectful, direct manner
- The ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously by planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet planned schedules
- The ability to work effectively with all departments to accomplish objectives with positive outcomes for all involved, supporting the designing, development and implementation of new business processes
- The ability to provide clear, well-justified presentations of the CI projects to senior management
- Tertiary Qualifications, preferably in any one of the following disciplines (but not exclusively as others will be considered); Engineering, Financial, IT services
- Experience in leading/ project managing individuals & teams and possess a “hands-on” approach
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Understanding of lean techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, process mapping, workflow analysis and PDCA
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualification (desirable)
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
HOW TO APPLY
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.