Closing date for applications: 29 June 2017
Study Group is seeking an enthusiastic Content Producer to join our lively in-house creative agency, Creative Services. You’ll be joining a skilled creative team and be responsible for compelling, authentic multi-channel content for our consumer and business platforms.
Study Group is an exciting, innovative, international private education company with a fast-moving, ambitious marketing-led vision. With Head Offices in London, Brighton, Sydney, New York and Singapore plus Regional Offices in key countries around the world, last year we taught 73,000 students from 145 countries in University Pathway Programmes, English Language and Vocational courses in the UK, Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
This is a full time role based in Brighton. Some travel, within the UK and beyond, may occasionally be required.
Early bird? Night owl? This role with involve working with colleagues in Australia and New Zealand, so we're looking for someone who can be flexible with their working hours to manage relationships across our global locations.
Attendance: Full-time, Monday to Friday
What we’ll give you in return:
- An agency environment within a successful global company
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Competitive salary
- Creative outings and numerous social events
- A creative career in one of the most fascinating and fast growing industries – International Education
- We’ll give you the opportunity to work with exceptionally talented people across the globe.
- To deliver creative copy that attracts international students to Study Group’s higher education global brands in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Develop and manage optimised website and blog content for Study Group’s global brands, particularly for Australia and New Zealand, following SEO, UX and device-specific best practice
- Write, edit and proofread brochures, websites and other marketing assets such as ads, event banners, posters, flyers and landing pages
- Create engaging, on-brand copy for pitches, partner launches, presentations and campaigns across digital platforms and print materials
- Work closely with colleagues in Marketing and Digital Marketing in the UK, US and Sydney to execute content strategy, creating content against Sales and Marketing plans, and delivering campaigns on time
- Pitch creative projects and brand ideas to continually move our content forward
- Interpret a wide range of product information and distil the key facts needed to create copy that is easy to understand
- Work to precise partner brand guidelines, on a variety of projects, simultaneously
- Advise colleagues in Marketing on best copy practice, including copy for campaign headlines, taglines and email marketing
- Monitor Google Analytics, implement goals and suggest opportunities to improve website content based on data
- Direct video and photo shoots, with some UK travel occasionally required
- Interview students, teachers, alumni and staff to produce compelling stories
- Edit testimonial transcripts, provide feedback on video testimonials
- Direct freelancers and web editors working on creative projects
- To develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships company-wide, with partner organisations and external agencies
- Conduct regular website audits to ensure relevant messaging and QAA compliance, implementing changes efficiently and effectively to ensure content accuracy
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry and creative best practice, sharing examples with colleagues and contributing to a culture of sharing and collaboration
Essential skills and qualifications
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline, such as journalism, media or English Outstanding copywriting and editing skills
- Experience of creating content for print and digital channels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An eye for detail and a flair for creativity
- Experience of building strong professional relationships at all levels
- A self-motivated, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Strong time management and organisation abilities
- Familiarity with a range of digital technologies and platforms, including content management systems, image editing software and photo libraries
- Experience of writing for SEO and understanding of best practice
- Tenacity and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of HTML
- A strong team player with a good sense of humour
Desirable skills and experience
- Media production
- An understanding of the higher education sector
- Experience writing for audiences for whom English is a second language
- Some knowledge of marketing principles
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV and a covering letter and send to Danielle Colyer, Head of Content.
Application deadline 5pm on Thursday 29 June 2017