Computer Science Tutor
Closing date for applications: 4 January 2018
Are you a highly skilled Tutor with a passion for Computer Science? Do you have a passion for empowering students with a student centred, interactive teaching approach? Do you want to work in a unique and extremely rewarding environment?
If so then this could be the perfect opportunity for you start a new journey in your career and join our brand new International Study Centre.
A fantastic opportunity has opened for a full time Computer Science Tutor to join our study centre based in the heart of Durham University’s Queens Campus. In partnership with Durham University, this centre offers a beautiful working environment, right next to the Infinity Bridge, with world class classroom facilities on offer.
This role would require teaching on both the International Foundation Programme as well as the Pre-Masters course, and offers a nice amount of autonomy and flexibility with the delivery of the lessons. We have a large number of students at this centre from all over the global, and they are all very talented and highly motivated, creating a focused and quite inspiring classroom atmosphere!
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible teaching hours.
- An FE environment that isn’t completely restricted by processes.
- No evening or weekend classes.
- Holiday that can be taken DURING term time.
- Working in partnership with Durham University.
- Plenty of CPD opportunities.
- Working with students from all over the world.
- Unique classroom environment.
Location: Durham University, Queens Campus, Stockton
Salary: £33,435 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
Qualifications and Training
You will have experience of or a commitment to working with international students and have:
- A recognised teacher status qualification and/or
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Teaching experience in Computer Science within a FE or UK higher education context.
Knowledge and Skills
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
- A student-centred approach
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong sense of teamwork
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Specialist.
Application deadline 4 January 2018