Closing date for applications: 29 September 2017
Location: London, England
Job Type: Permanent
40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Working hour shifts: 6:30-15:00 or 12:00 - 20:30.
- To be an ambassador for the catering services at UK Study Group
- To have a friendly and approachable manner in order to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all customers who use the catering facilities
- To help promote and maintain company standards as outlined in the department standards and company handbook.
- To comply with statutory Health and Safety, Food safety and Fire regulations
- Ensure that all food safety records and procedures are completed to the required standards reporting any discrepancies to the Head Chef
- To oversee food production during all food services including hospitality in line with the company standard and as directed by the Head Chef
- To oversee and manage all kitchen operations in the absence of the Head Chef
- To assist with large events and conferences as and when required including those outside of working hours
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness (clean as you go) complying with legislation and standards set by the head Chef.
- Use cleaning products in accordance with COSHH training and procedures
- Managing the cleanliness of the kitchen and stores area – ensuring that any items are stored in their correct place, labelled and sealed according to company HACCP policy
- Reporting to chef in charge any food wastage and recording this on daily wastage sheet
- Adhering to the FIFO policy when using and storing food
- To undertake any function or hospitality duties as and when required
- To attend team meetings as and when required
- To attend any training courses as required including those which may take place outside of normal working hours.
- To carry out any reasonable request by a member of the management team
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send a completed application form to LCatering@studygroup.com
Application deadline 15:00 Friday 29 September 2017
Interviews commencing: 18 September