Closing date for applications: 27 November 2017
Bellerbys College is a well-established international company based in a modern building in central Brighton, close to the rail station. The college is thriving with atmosphere and a hub of activity. We are looking for a Commis Chef to join our hardworking and enthusiastic catering team to assist in the preparation and service of our Catering offer.
This is an ideal role for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment, loves cooking a wide range of international dishes from fresh ingredients
Location: Brighton, England
Job Type: Permanent. 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
- Assisting in the preparation of dishes from fresh ingredients
- Preparation of salads, deserts and bakery as required
- Keeping the kitchen and work areas clean and organised
- Assisting the kitchen porters as and when required
- Adhering to strict food hygiene and health and safety procedures at all time
- Assisting with any general kitchen duties as and when required
- Must have basic food preparation knowledge and be passionate about providing quality home cooked food. You'll be tidy and organised and a good team player, willing to learn and progress, outgoing and friendly as you will be on occasion be serving customers and providing a welcome atmosphere for the students and staff of the college. A basic food hygiene certificate and/or Food hygiene knowledge required
40hr per week contract Mon-Fri with occasional weekends
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Holidays: 20(plus 8 days bank Holidays) days rising to 30 days after 5 years' service
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines" The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. and the candidate must be suitable to work with children.
Please send a completed application form to Elizabeth De Cort.
Application deadline 27 November 2017