College Catering Assistants
Closing date for applications: 9 September 2017
Bellerbys College is currently looking for Catering Assistants to work across our sites in Cambridge.
Food preparation and service
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of food
- Prepare all food items within agreed cooking methods and portion controls
- Ensure the needs of students with special dietary requirements are met
Health and Safety
- Ensure the correct use of materials and equipment, and ensure walking areas are kept clean and tidy
- Maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensure compliance with the College’s Health and Safety policy, COSHH regulations and all statutory health and safety requirements, and ensure that these are observed by all members of staff and visitors
- Report any machinery faults to the Catering Manager
- Serve staff, students and visitors at service time to the required standard and promote a warm, friendly atmosphere
- Supervise and look after students in the canteen ensuring good order in accordance with College Policies.
- Attend meetings and training courses as may be required for personal and professional development
- Collaborate with other catering assistants and chefs to be a supportive and cooperative member of the catering team
- Assist with stock and wastage control
- Assist with the delivery and the secure storage of the kitchen’s daily deliveries
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply send a completed application form to Angela Mynott, HR Advisor.
Application deadline 7 September 2017