Deadline for applications: N/A
Location: Huddersfield International Study Centre
Contract: Fixed Term (Ending August 2020)
Salary: £12 per hour
Here at the University of Huddersfield International Centre, we pride ourselves in providing a supportive learning experience that prepares our students for the challenges of undergraduate and postgraduate study. We are dedicated to providing excellent academic and English skills and knowledge that will enable our International students to progress onto their chosen programme of study at the University and an eventual successful career.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Academic Team to provide classroom support with Teaching, Learning and Assessment. We place the student at the centre of all we do, so if you are passionate about changing lives through opportunities in education and are fully committed to providing a fantastic student experience, this role is for you!
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- Support individual and small group learning in Business lessons under the supervision of the classroom tutor.
- Guide students to improve their understanding by:
- confirming that they understand what is required of them
- encouraging reference to lecture notes and text books
- helping students to identify areas of misunderstanding
- eliciting the next step in a calculation or explanation
- encouraging students to explain the process by which they have arrived at an answer.
- Maintain, on behalf of the tutor, a record of homework completion and other such admin tasks.
- Feedback to the tutor features of the students’ learning.
- Help student to maintain a focus on their learning in English.
- Undertake marking of formative class tests and the checking of summary marks under supervision.
The classroom assistant will:
- Not be expected to prepare lessons or teaching materials.
- Not undertake summative assessment or registration of students.
- Not be permitted to recruit ISC students for private tuition while they are employed by the Centre.
- Not be issued with a user name/id for access to electronic files or email.
- Remain under the supervision of the class tutor at all time.
You will demonstrate:
- English language competence of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or above (Applies to International and EU students only).
- Subject competence indicated by GCE ‘A’ Level in a Business, Maths, or English related subject area at grade C or above or an average grade of 50% or above on the relevant International Foundation or Year 1 study modules relevant to Business.
- Completion of year 1 or above of a cognate undergraduate degree.
- Ability to work independently and using their own initiative while under supervision.
30 days holiday
Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.'
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.