Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Fixed term contract (nine months)
Location: London or Brighton
Here at Study Group we're going through a period of major transformation, and we need a credible, energetic Change Manager for this important role.
In this job you'll provide expertise in change management to Study Group’s programme of strategy implementation across the globe, ensuring projects are successfully implemented and willingly adopted. You'll provide a specific focus on the 'people aspects' of the projects, ensuring staff are ‘ready, willing and able’ to adopt changes, and acting as a key subject matter expert.
This is a nine month fixed term contract (subject to review) with a pro rata salary of up to £80,000 DOE. Ideally you'll be based close to our offices in either London or Brighton, but we're open to discussion on location.
Some of the things you'll do in this job:
Developing the approach for change
- Working with HR to develop an approach for implementing change, ensuring it is aligned with the overall culture and values of the organisation
- Development of the toolkit (including templates) to support the change approach, ensuring it is scalable enough to be beneficial on projects of varying size and impact
- Continuously improving the toolkit based on experience and feedback
Putting the approach for change into practice
- Hands on development and implementation of the change deliverables e.g. stakeholder mapping, change readiness and impact assessments, risk mitigation, role definitions, training needs analysis
- Ensuring that changes to business processes and the impact are defined and understood and adapting the approach based on the specific needs of the project.
- Supporting the relevant teams to define, adopt and implement new ways of working, as a result of process and technological change
- Working closely with project managers and business leaders to identify and plan where change interventions are needed and implementing the interventions
- Provide an overarching view of the change impact of the cross functional projects
- Working closely with the internal communications centre of excellence to input into, and develop and implement communications plans
- Supporting project managers and HR partners to build internal change management capability
- Coaching project and business staff to develop their change management capability
- Providing input to and supporting the design and delivery of training programs in change management capability
Education and qualifications
- Educated to at least degree level
- Significant experience of supporting the delivery of change across a portfolio of projects in a fast paced (and ideally global)
- Proven hands-on experience of implementing change management activities from beginning to end as a standalone subject matter expert
- Proactive approach to drive change, with the ability to deliver through others
- Ability to demonstrate experience working across stakeholders to remove obstacles to change and progress agenda
- A proven ability to work with others to resolve issues swiftly and decisively whilst delivering change at pace
- Experience of upskilling others in change management
- Articulate, well-organised, outcome-focused
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to influence others and gain collaboration
- Familiar with PRINCE 2-based project management tools and techniques (desirable)
- Internal communications experience (desirable)
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and much more
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.