Do you consider yourself to be a collaborative leader, with experience in strategic and operational management in an educational environment?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education. Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is a highly reputable, well established, high performing centre, working in partnership with a Triple Top Ten ranked University. We are excited to be offering this rare opportunity for an experienced individual to take up the role of Centre Director. This is a key role which is accountable for driving the current performance and future direction of the Lancaster International Study Centre. We value positive team, network, and global participation, and love to work alongside people that thrive in this environment. See below just some of the unrivalled benefits of working with us:
- The opportunity to work with Top Tier University Partners
- Full ownership of our curriculum.
- A large global network.
- A holiday allowance that can be taken all year round.
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities for you and your staff.
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 plus bonus
What is this role and where does it fit in?
This is an exciting role where you will take ownership of the operational leadership of the team responsible for crafting and delivering the Lancaster University’s International Study Centre’s exceptional portfolio of programmes. This is a phenomenal opportunity to lead an exciting centre, and create a positive working environment driven by teamwork, participation, and synergy.
- You will motivate staff to ensure the best possible student outcome and student experience and ensure that the Centre is integrated with our network of International Study Centres in the UK and Europe.
- You will own the relationship with the partner university in respect of operational and academic management matters.
- You’ll lead the planning, management and delivery of all the centres academic programmes.
- You will ensure that the centres programmes adhere to all required quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- You will be responsible for any new courses for approval and existing courses for re-approval.
What experience do you need?
We would love someone that is positive and full of enthusiasm for international education. You will be driven by team work and collaboration, and have exceptional communication skills to motivate and guide our people:
- You will have extensive operational leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- Experience of leading and facilitating business and cultural change.
- Experience of planning and running complex education courses and programmes
- You are adaptable in an ever-changing environment, have excellent leadership skills, and have a positive mentality that is implemented across the centre.
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector.
- Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes.
- Qualified to at least a Masters level.
Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is based in a vibrant campus in the heart of Lancaster. With city, coast, and countryside within a short distance, this location is certainly unique. The centre has high class facilities in a fantastic working environment. There’s a dynamic curriculum on offer with the centre providing programmes across Level 3 (International Foundation), Level 6 (Pre-masters), and in English language preparation.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV on our Jobs Board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Application Deadline: 19th August 2018
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.