Closing date for applications: 7 April 2017
Hours: Monday - Friday 12.30 - 21.00 (40 hours per week)
Our flagship Study Centre is a large international private education facility in the centre of the city. We are looking for a Full time Canteen Assistant to join our busy and friendly team within the Catering Department
The ideal candidate must have high standards of cleaning and be methodical and organised. Flexibility and a good team ethic are essential as you will be working within a team and you may need to help in any area of the canteen as directed by the shift leader.
Meals will be provided whilst on duty, plus a contributory company pension scheme and childcare voucher scheme.
20 days holiday (plus 8 days bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 5 years service.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the canteen and servery area including furniture, sweeping, mopping and maintaining floors
- Serving/operating on the till
- Keeping server area clean and organised, displaying products as per dept. standards
- Maintain excellent standards of customer service providing information and assistance with regard to the food and service
- Serving on the hot counter
- Assisting with hospitality duties as and when required
- Keeping the pot wash and kitchen area clean and tidy
- General cleaning duties
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Elizabeth De Cort, Catering Manager.