Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent, Variable hours
Salary: £35.00 per hour
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for a dynamic Business Tutor to join the Business team. Teaching on our Pre-Masters programme you will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. You’ll also have the opportunity to teach on the International Year 1 programme (Level 4) teaching covering a number of Economics modules. This will be a variable hour contract offering you around 16 hours of teaching per week.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Business and Management, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that has experienced some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- You will deliver high-quality teaching of modules to groups of international students at Pre-Masters’ levels but there may be opportunities to also teach on the foundation modules
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning
- To provide module feedback to a relevant module coordinator
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
- To monitor and offer ongoing academic support to designated groups of students.
- A proven ability to teach Business and Management at Level 6.
- A minimum of 1-2 years teaching experience, in UK higher, further education or sixth form context, or other EAP experience
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Business or a relevant subject. A teaching qualification or a PhD is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with international students is desirable but not essential
- Experience, and a positive track record, of working with staff teams, evaluating performance and identifying development needs.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g. Blackboard)
- Experience in teaching basic Economics would be desirable.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.