Deadline for applications: N/A
Closing date for applications- Monday 27th January
Permanent, Full Time
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for a Business Tutor to join our team. Teaching across our Foundation, Year One Undergraduate and Pre-Masters programmes you will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Business, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
Our Kingston University ISC is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that is experiencing some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Kingston University International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions.
- Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- Develop and update course material for units and teaching sessions, including unit material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre’s administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Track student academic journey and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support on-going learning.
- Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area and a minimum of a Master’s degree.
- Relevant Teaching qualification.
- Experience of teaching in the UK Higher or Further education sector and preferably experience of working with international students.
- Experience of teaching business modules in the UK Higher or Further education sector, including quantitative and qualitative analysis, and a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.