Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Part-Time. Sessional role, up to 10 hours per week
You could be our next exceptional Business tutor working at our prestigious Coventry University London International Study Centre (ISC). In this job you'll teach Business modules across Level 4, 5 and 6. You'll be an enthusiastic individual and passionate about your subjects.
We offer continuous teacher development which we know is important to you and all our tutors are encouraged to design and develop their own modules in line with our learning outcomes. This is the ideal role for someone creative; enthusiastic for teaching international students and helping them progress!
Our centre shares its home with Bellerbys College London, based in Greenwich with great transport links. Coventry University London is a globally recognised quality institution which has been ranked No. 13 UK University (Guardian University Guide 2019) and is one of the largest providers of business-related degree courses in Europe. The University is consistently delivering quality across a number of key areas such as student satisfaction, research quality, graduate job prospects, degree results achieved, and student-staff ratio.
- To deliver the relevant Module provision of the ISC across all business programmes
- To provide feedback on the levels of students and develop suitable resources.
- To take on Personal Tutor responsibilities.
- To follow the requirements of the teaching role in terms of monitoring student attendance, punctuality and progress, setting and marking assignments and contributing to student reports.
- To ensure that module information and learning aids are regularly updated on the VLE (Study Smart)
- To ensure that assessments/exams are marked and feedback given to students within the ISC guidelines
- To provide information to the relevant External Examiner(s) and present results to the MABs (Modular Assessment Board) and PABs (Progression Academic Board)
- Relevant Degree
- Master’s Degree (Essential)
- Appropriate teaching qualification (Essential)
- Teaching Experience
- Experience in delivering business modules
- Knowledge of the needs of International Students
- Teaching Skills at further and higher education level
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.