Business Tutor - Business and Management
Deadline for applications: 3rd June
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £38,130 pro rata per annum (0.6)
University of Sussex International Study Centre (ISC) is looking for a permanent, part time Business and Management Tutor to deliver highly effective modules at levels 3, 4 and 6. The right candidate will have a passion for teaching, combined with a commitment to educate international students.
Our Business department, responsible for approximately 60% of the students across our Sussex ISC, are committed to building a better world for our international students through higher education, providing an innovative and interactive teaching approach will allow you to contribute successfully to our curriculum. We are looking for an individual who is excited at the prospect to join our large, dynamic team and continue to offer the best possible results to our international student body.
This is a part time role offering 3 days contact time per week plus marking and additional student administration duties.
As a Business and Management Tutor you will be expected to cover at least two of the following subject areas. :
Foundation Year- Level 3
- Business, Management, Marketing and Economics
Year 1- Level 4
- Business Law, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Economics, Business and Management
Pre-Masters- Level 6
- Leadership, Marketing, Human Resources, Research Skills, Critical Reading, Business
Although surrounded by a beautiful national park, we are only a short train journey from Brighton.
You will contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions (using VLE) as well as preparing and delivering the classes to small groups of 15-20 international students using a student centred approach.
Responsibility isn’t just limited to the classroom. You will be committed to provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials and marking assessments outside of contact time putting the student’s progression at the heart of everything you do.
- A Bachelor degree (Desirable) in the relevant subject area. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome; and a Master’s degree is normally essential for teaching on international Pre-Masters programmes.
- Teaching qualification (Desirable)
- Industrial experience working within a Business Function
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students (Desirable)
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday pro-rated
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.