Closing date for applications: 21 July 2017
Based at Kingston University, the International Study Centre delivers programmes preparing international students for progression to undergraduate degrees.
We are seeking a full-time Business tutor to drive forward teaching excellence in our English department.
- To deliver highly effective modules across one or all of the courses delivered at Kingston International Study Centre, working at one or all of the following levels: [Foundation (Level 3); International Year 1 (Level 4); and Pre Masters (Level6)].
- To drive forward teaching and learning in Kingston International Study Centre.
- To form part of the Quality Assurance processes in Centre by attending meetings and following Kingston processes.
Student learning experience
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules and teaching sessions offered by the Kingston ISC
- Prepare and deliver teaching lecture, seminar and tutorial sessions, with a normal teaching load of up to 22 hours per week
- Prepare formative assessments and homework tasks
- Mark students’ formative and summative assessments submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Work with the Centre’s management team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session level and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student attendance and performance
- Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings
- Attend QAEG meetings throughout the year
Academic management and personal development
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities
- Participate in regular training and development activities and maintain a log of these activities
- Carry out any other duties as required from time to time by the Head of Centre for example helping with Induction
- As the successful candidate, you will enjoy working with international students and have a drive and enthusiasm for supporting students in achieving high quality learning outcomes.
Qualifications and Training
- A Bachelor degree in the relevant subject area.
- Teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students
- EAP experience for teachers of English
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
- Strong punctuality skills
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate pre-employment checks within these guidelines. All successful applicants will undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service
In addition to your CV, please submit no more than 700 words with your thoughts on: ‘How can we get the best student outcomes and move forward teaching practice in KULISC’s Business department. Please send your CV and pre-interview task to Jess Coupe, Head of Centre.
Application deadline 12pm on Friday 21 July 2017
Interviews will be held on 4 August with an ideal start date of early September.