Business tutor (9 months fixed term)
Deadline for applications: 17 December 2018
Are you a team player that would love the freedom to innovate talented Business students from across the globe?
Here at the University of Sheffield International Study Centre, we are proud to empower our students, taking them one step closer to their dream University, with our Higher Education preparatory programmes. Joining our outstanding Business team, you’ll have the chance to design, develop, and deliver Business modules across our International Foundation (Level 3) AND Pre-Masters (Level 6) programmes.
You’ll manage a normal teaching commitment of 18.75 hours per week; contribute to module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, and marking and providing feedback to students. We offer small class sizes (average 10-15 students) giving you the autonomy to be student centered, engaging and creative with your lessons. You will also provide Academic guidance and support to a group of students through the Tutorial system.
Salary: £28,500 per annum (Pro rata)
Why choose us
We’re a global pathway provider in International Education, with over 20 years of placing students first, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners, and over 60,000 students each year. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Using innovative teaching methods in an autonomous working environment, we empower our students to reach their potential, providing an unforgettable student experience, and a positive introduction to the UK and its culture. Our Sheffield University International Study Centre is a vibrant community-based in the heart of the city centre. We teach more than 1,000 students every year, preparing them for the challenges of studying at a top-ranking Russell Group University. The centre offers the International Foundation (Level 3) and Pre-Masters programmes across Business, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Science and Engineering.
What we offer
- A flexible holiday allowance that can be taken outside of term time.
- Professional Development opportunities. The opportunity to work with students from all over the world.
- The chance to work as part of a global highly collaborative network.
- A unique HE working environment, with the advantages of FE such as teaching training, innovation, and smaller class sizes.
- As we have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- We value flexibility within the workplace - creating an adaptive working environment with a number of different working arrangements available to our people.
What experience do you need?
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a Business related discipline. A Masters Degree will be required to teach on the Pre-Masters Programme.
- A form of teaching qualification, or a relevant Masters, would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of outstanding teaching in Business within a UK higher, further education or school context.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- You’ll be an enthusiastic and motivated performance driven team player.
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
The application process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.