Business Economics and Finance Tutor
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2017
The purpose of the role is to deliver highly effective modules on our Undergraduate foundation programme in the Centre.
Location: International Study Centre at the University of Strathclyde
Contract: Variable - between 5-15 hours per week
- Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will be responsible for:
Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre, and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations, resit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students and to the centre.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE) and facilitating student access to same.
- Liaising with other tutors teaching on the programme.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance.
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students.
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
Qualifications and Training
You will have experience of, or a commitment to, working with international students and have:
- A recognised teacher status qualification and/or
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Teaching experience in Economics, Accounting and Finance within an either FE or UK higher education context; preferably experience of working with international students’
Knowledge and Skills
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred approach
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong sense of teamwork
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please send CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 29 November 2017