Business and Economics Lecturer
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: 40,000 Euros per annum
Contract Type: Fixed term, Full Time
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
We are looking for a passionate and committed Business/Economics/Finance Lecturer that will play a key role within our teaching team. Working closely with the Head of Subjects ad others teaching and management staff, you would be involved in the overall student learning experience to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved. Teaching small to medium groups of international students, you'll have the chance to deliver our bespoke Higher Education preparatory programme.
- Dynamically deliver Business modules (e.g.: Business, Economics, Accounting) – on average 12 hours a week teaching to international students studying on the programmes offered by the Centre
- Collaborate to the development of the modules,
- prepare module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment in collaboration with a team of lecturers,
- Assess students’ work and participate in the moderation process,
- Support with their studies through tutorials and tailored individual meetings,
- Develop and maintain the relevant modules’ virtual learning environment (VLE),
- Provide input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process,
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance,
- Provide, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students,
Experience and qualifications
We are looking for a candidate that is passionate about teaching and learning and can act as a role model to others. The right person will be Masters qualified, with extensive experience teaching Sciences subjects in Dutch Higher Education and/or secondary school environments. We love innovation, creativity, and collaboration, so someone who encourages this within a teaching and learning environment would be welcomed.
Please see some of the experience that will certainly be of interest.
- Preferably Master Degree in a Business, Economics, Econometrics or relevant subject area. Minimum Bachelor degree.
- Teaching qualification or relevant teaching experience.
- Experience in developing teaching material in Business subjects.
- Experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment/Blended Learning & Teaching technologies.
- Working in collaboration with a Top Tier University.
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.