Closing date for applications: 31 August 2017
Location: Bellerbys College London Greenwich
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
Live in or live out option available
Job Purpose: to provide direction and management to the Boarding house and Residences, ensuring that they are compliant with inspection and legislative requirements.
- To have oversight of the boarding house and residences including room allocation (via the Student Experience Team) and staff rotas and cover
- To performance manage a team of residential supervisors including 1-2-1's and yearly appraisals etc.
- To manage the residential staff to ensure that they follow policy and procedures related to the boarding provision, safeguarding, care and others as appropriate
- To positively promote and continuously improve the student experience
- To be a member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team
- To work closely with the Welfare team to ensure students are safe and safeguarded
- To work closely with the Facilities Team to ensure the accommodations are clean, maintained and fit for purpose
- To ensure that there is a schedule of in-house activities
- To lead and oversee the student inductions for the Boarding Houses and Residences
- To assist the Student Experience Manager with student surveys and issue resolution
- To be an escalation point for in-house student sanctions
- To ensure that accommodation is complaint with inspection frameworks, such as the National Minimum Standards for Boarding
- To promoting and safeguard the welfare of students of all ages and all brands for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- To produce reports (data and/or narrative) for the senior management team
- To work flexibly with the team across all shifts (day, evening, weekend)
- To provide on-call cover over night as per safeguarding rota
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility deemed reasonable by the Principal or Director of Student Services
Qualifications and Training
- First aid (Desirable)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experiment (Essential)
- Experience of Managing a team (Essential)
- Experience within a boarding or student accommodation environment (Essential)
- Experience of inspection frameworks (Ofsted or ISI or other) (Essential)
- Experience of safeguarding (Desirable)
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.'
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send a completed application form to Sharon Treharne, PR to Principal and HR Administrator.
Application deadline midday Thursday 31 August 2017