Biology Tutor 5 hrs per week
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2017
This is a fantastic experience for an experienced teacher, full of energy and enthusiasm, to have a unique and extremely rewarding teaching experience. You will be teaching international students from all over the world, providing a transformational learning experience that gives the students the best opportunity to progress into a UK University.
Our Strathclyde University ISC Study Centre offers a fantastic opportunity to the right candidate to join the team and play an integral part to the success of the centre. If you have experience working in a FE or HE environment then that would be an advantage.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Location: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
Contract: Variable hours - 5 hours per week
Salary: £27.59 per hour
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work
- Effective delivery of courses
- Marking student work and returning within agreed deadlines
- Marking exams and/or coursework and accurately recording
- Provide reports and references when requested
- Using educational technology in teaching, including extensive use of the VLE
- Ensure a punctual start and finish of classes
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance.
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching
- Attend staff meetings, and events
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (e.g. cover, invigilation etc.)
- Tutor duties (pastoral and HE guidance pending term and group)
- Other related activities as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Department
Qualifications and Training
- At least an undergraduate Degree qualified in Maths or Biology.
- Teaching qualification
- Master’s degree required for teaching on the Pre-master’s course
- Teaching experience in Biology or Maths at level 3 is preferred as is experience of working with international students
- Expert teaching knowledge in the subject(s)
- The Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines
Knowledge and Skills
- Paste knowledge and Skills bullets here
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply by sending a CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 29 November 2017