Closing date for applications: 14 February 2018
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment. We offer a wide variety of courses including English Language Preparation, IELTS, GCSEs, A levels as well as our own Foundation programme, which is a pre-university course accredited by Lancaster University. Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Attendance Officer to promote excellent attendance and support positive behaviour throughout the college.
Contract type: 37.5 hours per week
- Effectively monitoring attendance and reporting non-attendance to Personal Tutors and Academic Managers.
- Following the Bellerbys Attendance Policy and ensuring all absences are accounted for and accurately recorded.
- Contacting and establishing the whereabouts of students with unauthorised / unexplained absence on a daily basis in line with the school's Attendance policy.
- Organising and running weekly detentions for students with unsatisfactory attendance.
- Running weekly attendance reports.
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff across the college.
- A can do attitude.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply by sending a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline Wednesday 14 February 2018