Assistant Director Of Student Services and Student Experience
Deadline for applications: N/A
Location: Guildford, University of Surrey International Study Centre
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Here at Study Group, we strive to give our students a world class experience during their study in the UK. Our Student Services and Student Experience teams plays a pivotal part in this, and due to exciting fast paced growth within this centre, we are looking for an experienced manager to take ownership of these support functions.
In this role, you will oversee the Professional Services department, enabling students to thrive and study legally, safely and successfully. You’ll ensure UKVI compliance in visa and attendance systems, key quality assurance and enhancement activities are carried out according to Study Group, the university partner and regulatory body requirements.
You will lead on the provision design and implementation of a progression support and personal tutorage strategy with the purpose of ensuring students are fully supported to maximise student outcomes and satisfaction levels. Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll promote the Student Experience Directorate at senior level within the centre, Study Group, university and external levels.
This centre is based in the beautiful town of Guildford, in the heart of a campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
- Lead and motivate the Study Centre’s progression support, student service and academic administration staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Contribute to developing, communicating and enacting the strategy and priorities for the centre.
- Oversee the customer service operations of the centre, ensuring consistently high levels of student satisfaction.
- Design and implement a progression support and attendance strategy with the Head of Progression and Support, and policy and procedures for the centre,
- Oversee the visa and compliance aspect of the student journey
- Ensure that the Centre’s Customer Service and Student Support attendance strategies, policies and procedures are fully compliant with Study Group’s, University of Surrey’s, UKVI’s and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key progression, transition and welfare contacts at the University, ensuring a full understanding of relevant support policies and services, and quality policies and procedures.
- You’ll be a strategic manager with experience managing Academic Admin/Student Support/ Student Experience/Visa and Compliance/ or Exams and Assessment teams in an Academic environment.
- You will have experience of working proactively to develop, build and maintain a high level Student Experience.
- You’ll need a solid Understanding of UKVI rules and guidance.
- The Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes is essential.
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.