Assistant Director of Student Services and Student Experience
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Here at Study Group, we strive to give our students a world-class experience during their study in the UK. Our Student Services and Student Experience teams play a pivotal part in this, and due to exciting fast-paced growth within this centre, we are looking for an experienced manager to take ownership of these support functions.
In this role, you will oversee the Professional Services department, enabling students to thrive and study legally, safely and successfully. You’ll ensure UKVI compliance in visa and attendance systems, key quality assurance and enhancement activities are carried out according to Study Group, the university partner and regulatory body requirements.
You will be responsible for a variety of different departments that include Academic Admin, Exams, Visa & Compliance, Welfare, and Student Experience. With this in mind, your day to day will be full of complex variables, so the ability to think strategically and the ability to manage different projects will be essential. The centre is a dynamic working environment that is ever-changing so you will be adaptable with the capability of working to deadlines. If you are passionate about the student experience and have innovative strategies that will enhance this, then you have the platform to implement your ideas and promote these across the centre, the University partner, and the wider Study Group network.
This centre is based in the beautiful town of Guildford, in the heart of a campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation Programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
- Lead and motivate the Study Centre’s progression support, student service and academic administrative staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Contribute to developing, communicating and enacting the strategy and priorities for the centre.
- Oversee the customer service operations of the centre, ensuring consistently high levels of student satisfaction.
- Design and implement progression support and attendance strategy with the Head of Progression and Support, and policy and procedures for the centre,
- Oversee the visa and compliance aspect of the student journey
- Ensure that the Centre’s Customer Service and Student Support attendance strategies, policies and procedures are fully compliant with Study Group’s, University of Surrey’s,
- UKVI’s and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key progression, transition and welfare contacts at the University, ensuring a full understanding of relevant support policies and services, and quality policies and procedures.
- You’ll be a strategic manager with experience managing Academic Admin/Student Support/ Student Experience/Visa and Compliance/ or Exams and Assessment teams in an Academic environment.
- You will have experience of working proactively to develop, build and maintain a high-level Student Experience.
- You’ll need a solid Understanding of UKVI rules and guidance.
The Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes is essential.
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.