Architectural CAD Technician
Closing date for applications: 26 February 2018
A brand new opportunity has arisen and we are looking for an experienced Architectural CAD Technician to join our busy Estates & Property Team based at our UK Head Office in central Brighton.
The Architectural CAD Technician would report directly into the Project Manager, and work closely in conjunction with him and the Facilities Manager/s to deliver projects in a timely manner.
- To establish and manage a systematic register of building drawings for the Study Group UK & Europe Estate
- To review and update all record drawings and review against existing lease plans by carrying out measured surveys of the buildings
- Carry out measured surveys of buildings and update drawings accordingly
- To design and produce scheme drawings as project needs dictate
- Carry out minor projects as directed by the Project Manager
- Work with Facilities Managers to update fire plans, evacuation plans
- Have the ability to work your own initiative with little supervision
- Extremely customer focussed
- Good communication skills
- A qualification in building surveying or a related field
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD producing 2D & 3D drawings
- Experience of Revit
- Competent in Microsoft software including MS Project
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and some Landlord/Tenant liaison experience
- Current building regulations, experience of colleges and boarding facilities, and of facilities management systems
Study group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines" The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. The candidate must be suitable to work with children.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form to Dani Danahar, Office Manager.
Application deadline 26 February 2018