Architectural CAD Technician
Closing date for applications: 21 December 2017
A brand new opportunity has arisen and we are looking for an experienced Architectural CAD Technician to join our busy Estates & Property Team based at our UK Head Office in central Brighton.
The Architectural CAD Technician would report directly into the Project Manager, and work closely in conjunction with him and the Facilities Manager/s to deliver projects in a timely manner.
About Study Group
We are a global company that prepares international students for university degree programmes, teaches high school education, and teaches English language courses. Study Group owns and operates colleges and also partners with more than 50 universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia.
Contract type: Full time, permanent
- To establish and manage a systematic register of building drawings for the Study Group UK & Europe Estate.
- To review and update all record drawings and review against existing lease plans by carrying out measured surveys of the buildings.
- Carry out measured surveys of buildings and update drawings accordingly.
- To design and produce scheme drawings as project needs dictate.
- Carry out minor projects as directed by the Project Manager.
- Work with Facilities Managers to update fire plans, evacuation plans.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A qualification in building surveying or a related field
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD producing 2D & 3D drawings
- Experience of Revit
- Competent in Microsoft software including MS Project.
- In addition the role would require the successful candidate to have experience of managing multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and some Landlord/Tenant liaison experience.
Study group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines" The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. The candidate must be suitable to work with children.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Dani Danahar
Application deadline 21 December 2017