Applied Science Tutor
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Circa £34,170.57 per annum
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for an Applied Science Tutor to join our team of academic tutors. You will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students.
You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our teaching, learning and assessment strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a tutor, you will contribute to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials, and delivery across a range of Applied Science modules, spaning a variety of subject areas; Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths at Foundation (RQF Level 3), Year One Undergraduate (FHEQ Level 4) and Pre-Masters (FHEQ Level 6) levels.
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that is experiencing some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Kingston University International Study Centre.
- Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with variable hours up to 25 hours per week.
- Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
- Mark students' formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including writing regular student reports and tutorials.
- Develop and update course material for units and teaching sessions, including unit material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- Work with the Centre's administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
- Notify and liaise with colleagues where necessary to ensure all students receive appropriate on-going welfare and progression support.
- Track student academic journey and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support on-going learning.
- Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
Experience and qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in a related subject area and a minimum of a Master's degree.
- Teaching qualification.
- Teaching experience in any of the relevant subject areas in a Further Education or Higher Education context; preferably experience of working with international students at QCF Level 3 (Foundation), and preferably FHEQ Levels 4 to 6.
- Experience of Lab-based teaching
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.