Application Support Specialist
Closing date for applications: 25 August 2017
The Application Support Specialist role involves supporting Study Group applications and end user support requests under the supervision and guidance of the Application Support Manager. The role responds to requests for support received via the Service Desk and will diagnose, trouble shoot and resolve application issues.
- Monitor and respond appropriately to all application support requests received via the Service Desk
- Communicate fully and effectively with colleagues throughout the incident life-cycle, ensuring that the user is fully aware at all stages of the incident or request
- Contribute to the central knowledgebase and document known issues
- Build specialist knowledge of Study Group’s global applications
- Ensure requests are dealt with within agreed service levels
- Co-ordinate with Platform Directors and Developers as required to ensure they are aware of, and can respond to, critical issues, bugs, performance and other system issues
- Identify trends in application support requests and recommend remedial action to address these trends
- Liaise with software vendors regarding any 3rd party software issues, maintenance windows and software upgrades
- Managing in-house application software changes, facilitating outages and software upgrades and approving software functionality changes
- Testing new functionality that has been developed
Attention to detail & clear communication
- Application Support
- Customer Focused
- Customer service ethic
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Change
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Professional Maturity
- Result Orientated
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelor degree in an IT discipline
- Experience of application support in other (or similar) industries
- Experience of help desk / service desk tools and processes
- Experience of Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- At least 2 years’ experience in the IT industry in a similar/equivalent role
- Experience gathering and presenting detailed information
- Proven effective and timely decision making and judgement.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication, customer service and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experiencing in dealing with customers/end users
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Good self-knowledge having the propensity to analyse successes and failures and determine areas for improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationship with a range of stakeholders.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Theresa Almeida Silva, Application Support Manager.
Application deadline: 12pm Friday 25th August 2017.