Closing date for applications: 23 June 2017
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £26,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled Administrator, with exceptional organisational skills, to join our London office. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
To provide a highly effective administration service that ensures all the key conditions are met to enable students to thrive and study legally, safely and successfully. To work with the academic staff and Study Group HO to promote the ISC and build its success.
- To ensure all students receive a smooth, legally compliant and efficient induction into ISC and that all necessary welfare arrangements are in place to facilitate each student’s academic success
- To deal professionally and promptly with student enquiries and requests for support and foster positive relationship with the student body
- To ensure the processes and procedures for dealing with UKVI requirements are efficient and fully complaint
- To ensure students are aware of the relevant compliance procedures (e.g. police registration)
- To deal with taxi transfers queries for new students
- To deal with out-of-office hours queries regarding student arrivals
- Ensure compliance within the centre for QAA and the Home Office
- To log and monitor student attendance, follow attendance protocol and Home Office/UKVI requirements
- To inform students of the relevant compliance procedures (e.g. police registration)
- Check and process staff pay claims (ensuring authorisation for any overtime/variable hours) in line with payroll deadline
- Deal with any staff enquiries or queries related to their salary payments
- Ensure HR administration processes are adhered at centre level
- Support staff with basic HR policy and procedures queries by directing them to the MyStudyGroup portal
Financial and Official duties
- To manage and oversee ISC finance & cashbooks, logging incoming funds and outgoing expenditure and liaising with Study Group Accounts Dept
- To manage credit control, running weekly debtors lists (DSPs), matching unassigned funds, termly invoicing and collection of funds.
- To oversee chasing debtors
- To manage office budgets
- To oversee the collection, storage and dissemination of all relevant Student data to ensure it is done in as timely, securely and efficiently a manner as possible, including the requirement for any manual spreadsheets and master lists
- To keep student detail up to date on master spreadsheet and Study Global data as required.
- Ensure information is kept up to date on Academic/Student Management IT system, Progresso
- To forge good relationships with Head Office, University Staff and Services
- To oversee the planning and organisation of the annual Progression Ceremony
- To provide administration support to the centre as required
- Act as board secretary including any minute taking
- Assist with exams administration tasks as necessary
- Any other duties required to the support role and ISC
- Timetabling and liaising with IM administration to ensure coordination of teaching rooms
- Experience of working with international students.
- Experience of working in an academic environment
- Experience of supporting student welfare
- Demonstrable administration experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of UK Student Visas process
- Conversant with Microsoft Office suite with intermediate to advance excel skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Accurate data entry skills and comfortable with working with spreadsheets and numerical data
- Good communication skills including written skills
- Able work pro-actively and on own initiative
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Zarida Zaman, Programme Leader
Application deadline 12pm Friday 23rd June