Closing date for applications: 25 October 2017
The role of Administrative Assistant plays a key part in the running of Holland International Study Centre. The successful candidate will work closely with academic staff, the Student Services team and the students themselves. This vacancy is ideal for an organised person with strong communication skills, who can successfully support the needs of students and staff alike.
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Role: Full time (40 hours pw). 8:30am start Monday - Friday. Initially on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Salary: c €32,000 per annum plus holiday bonus
- To deal professionally and promptly with student enquiries and requests for support, including assisting with student office hours
- To maintain and develop an efficient filing system for student records and exams
- To ensure information is kept up to date on the Academic and Student Management databases and systems.
- To support academic staff with recording attendance and exam grades on our student management database (‘Progresso’).
- To monitor student attendance on a frequent basis, including tracking the warning system and running weekly attendance reports from Progresso for distribution to the tutors and Student Services team
- To oversee class scheduling, including collecting availability of staff and communicating timetables to students
- To conduct and facilitate student or agent tours when necessary
- To foster productive relationships with the student body and other members of staff
- To ensure noticeboards in the offices and the student common areas contain up to date information
- To keep track of kitchen and stationery supplies and order when necessary
- To ensure the office, classroom and kitchen spaces are kept in good order, including reporting any maintenance issues to relevant contact points
- To participate in team and student activities including registration, arrivals, induction, trips and events
- To act as a positive ambassador for Holland ISC, Study Group and its partners
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English
- Educated to at least HBO standard or equivalent
- Previous administration experience
- Demonstrable organisational skills and flexibility, applicable for a rapidly changing environment
- Enthusiastic, energetic and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Accurate data entry skills and comfortable working with spreadsheets and numerical data
- Good communication skills including written skills
- Pleasant and professional manner, hardworking in nature but with a good sense of humour
- Available to begin work at 8:30am
- Fluency in Dutch
- Bedriifshulpverlening (BHV) trained, or prior experience in workplace health and safety, first aid and fire evacuation processes
- Experience with using student management databases or similar system
- Cultural appreciation and empathy skills
- Experience of working with international students
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please send completed application form to Ashleigh Hough, Student Services Coordinator.
Application deadline 25 October 2017